March 8, 2021
Poly Trio 8500/8800: Microsoft Teams – End of Support
We are ending support for Microsoft Teams on the Poly Trio 8500/8800. Refer to the timing outlined below to understand the timing and impact for your organization.
- June 30, 2021: Poly Trio 8500/8800 Teams Certification will expire, with Microsoft providing certification level support* until this date.
- June thru August 2021: Microsoft will provide critical bug support* only, provided the solution can be implemented by August 31, 2021.
- August 31, 2021:
- Microsoft will no longer provide support for Trio 8500/8800 running Microsoft Teams.
- All customer inquiries shall be directed to Poly Customer Support.
- Devices will be removed from MarketPlace and Teams certified devices list on docs.microsoft.com.
- Certification level support: Full product and customer support through escalation process as defined by Skype for Business Certification Agreement. From a product perspective, within the 2 years of certification validity, product is part of the joint development efforts of new features and receives all new features and bug fixes part of the product release cycle.
- Critical bug level support: Product and customer support is limited to addressing critical bugs. No new features will be developed for or made available as part of the Microsoft product release cycle.
- Critical bug: Impacting multiple customers, complete loss of service or a significant feature that is completely unavailable, and no workarounds exist.
How this will affect your organization:
You are receiving this message because our reporting indicates one or more users in your organization are using the Poly Trio 8800/8500.
What you need to do to prepare:
January 16, 2021
GlobalMeet Webcast Software Update –
In the early morning hours of Saturday, January 16th, 2021 (ET), we will release software updates to the GlobalMeet Webcast platform. While GlobalMeet works on the system, including the administrative tool and events, may be inaccessible for a few hours. This regularly scheduled release is being done to provide improved functionality and to ensure that we continue to provide you with the best service possible.
Highlights of this scheduled update
- HD Video by Default: Leverage HD video for your events with a system default of 480p for all newly created templates
- Trade Show Lite: Increase audience interaction by adding a conference level chat, Q&A and tabs for downloads and additional custom content to your portal agenda page
- Flexible Broadcast Times: Schedule events in 5 minute increments, (e.g 1:00, 1:05, 1:10, 1:15) for added flexibility, particularly for conferences with back-to-back event schedules
- Audio and Video Recordings: Download MP3 recordings of audio events or generate MP4 video recordings that include all player layout changes used during your event
- FINRA Compliance: Keep a local copy of all audience emails sent, as required by FINRA regulations.
Important Notes Regarding Browser Support:
As of Dec. 31st. 2020, GlobalMeet will no longer support Windows7 users on Internet Explorer (IE) 11: IE11 on Windows7 does not support the Media Source Extensions necessary for modern HTML5 (HLS) streaming delivery. With the end of Adobe Flash Player support on Dec. 31st. 2020, GlobalMeet can no longer support a work around using Flash player. More info can be found here: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html
Please note, Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 systems will continue to be supported for viewers until August 17, 2021. “Legacy” Microsoft Edge support will end on March 9, 2021. “New” Chromium based Microsoft Edge will continue to be supported. These dates are in line with Microsoft’s end of life support for those browsers, which can be found here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-365-blog/microsoft-365-apps-say-farewell-to-internet-explorer-11-and/ba-p/1591666
December 13, 2020
CT Cloud Communicator Update –
Upgrade v184.108.40.206 (Desktop) | v220.127.116.11 (Android) | v18.104.22.168 (iOS)
- Virtual backgrounds
- Removing meeting ID from title bar
- Security icon in host’s meeting controls
- View participant’s audio status
- Limit screen sharing to applications
- Advanced noise suppression
- Annotation enhancements (indication of participant annotating, multiple pages in whiteboard, enhanced tools)
- Option to disable chat within an active meeting
- Enhancements to meeting end/leave flow
- Ability to Stop a Participant’s Share
- Ability to select whether or not hashed password is included in meeting URL
- Send message to waiting room participants
- Ability to enable waiting rooms for just external participants
- Chats can be out of order if incoming chat doesn’t open new window
- Changes to back off behavior after unsuccessful CommPortal requests
- Fix to chat status for contact’s with an LSM presence
- Fix contact bug occasionally hit when BG contact is renamed
- Security improvements
- Support for Greek language
- Support for virtual backgrounds in Meetings
- Virtual backgrounds allow the user to replace their surroundings with a virtual image or video. If you want to set a virtual background in the meeting please tap “more button” and choose “Virtual Background”.
- Support for iOS 14
- Security and stability improvements
- Support for Greek language
- Fix display of ‘Make calls on WiFi only’ in Calling Mode settings
- Fix calling issue with multiple SBCs in the network
***NOTE – there are no current plans to support virtual backgrounds on Android.
- App crash when opening on iPad
- Display issue when unlocking an iPad
- Crash when attempting to pick up a call
- Fix IM UI for users with neither SMS nor Group IM
- Connection error on iPad when viewing upcoming meetings
- Crash from trying to present Settings page twice
- OS terminates app for using too much CPU when collating contacts
- No ringback tone on iPhone on Intra-BG Calls
- Remove unsafe synchronous dispatch
Users will be prompted to upgrade when they log into the app. CallTower strongly encourages all users to upgrade as soon as possible to take advantage of feature enhancements and bug/security fixes.
September 10, 2020
Adobe Connect 11.0 –
Adobe Connect 11.0 is a major release providing new meeting applications, a completely new interface for hosts and presenters, improvements to key features, and greater accessibility. As a result, you may notice some changes to your Adobe experience hosted by NTT. Click here and enter your Adobe Connect URL to find out your scheduled upgrade date: upgrade timetable tool
- Adobe Connect 11.0 supports HTML to ensure the Flash end-of-life (December 31, 2020) will be a seamless experience for all users.
- New accessibility features including the ability to add subtitles and additional audio tracks to the MP4 videos you upload, as well as improved support for screen reader software.
- Hosts can do more with breakout rooms, like renaming each breakout and rotating participants through, as well as a new mode to manage layouts.
- An updated Connect App for Win & Mac will also be posted before month-end. The new app will include an update to an echo-cancellation component for a better VOIP experience.
What you need to know:
- Hosts/presenters wishing to screenshare must download & install the new Connect Application. Screenshare is not supported in the HTML view (browser).
- If using VOIP, Adobe strongly encourages using the Connect App for the best experience.
- Always go through the Audio Set-up Wizard in any meeting you are connected over voice for setting optimization.
- Be sure attendee’s meet the minimum browser version requirement (note: IE is NOT a compatible browser for HTML).
NETWORK STATUS & INCIDENT REPORTS:
Register for a Webinar
Email Account Management
Visit the Solution Center
News & Press Releases